Wednesday, August 24, 2011

President Clinton Goes Vegan

I had an organized plan in the way I would share my thoughts and ideas for this blog. However, as relevant news develops I feel it is important for me to pass it along. Recently former President Bill Clinton decided to become a vegan.  As you may remember, he had a very poor diet and lifestyle which eventually took its toll on his health, especially his heart.  He has since teamed up with Dr. Dean Ornish and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr. from the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute.  They have helped him transition to a plant based diet and consequently he has shed "two dozen pounds" and his health is improving.  You can see the YouTube video here, but with some browsers the link may not work unless you right-click on it and open it in a new tab or new window (don't ask me why).   CNN conducted an interview with Dr. Sanjay Gupta and  President Clinton.  It will air on Saturday, August 27, 8 and 11 p.m ET on CNN.  I don't want to miss this!