Friday, October 19, 2012

Feeding Our Children The Absolute Best Nutrition

When I was in the hospital after giving birth to my son, our diet came up in conversation with the nurse.  I told her that we are vegan.  She gave me a very worried look.  Although there are many doctors (Phycisians Committee for Responsible Medicine) and nurses who are more informed about nutrition, it seems that nutritional ignorance is what is most prevalent in the medical community.  As seen in this clip, they barely touch upon the topic when they are in school, so by design they are prepped to feed the pharmaceutical money-making machine.  The nurse called the nutritionist to visit with us - presumably to set us straight.  We told the nutritionist what our dietary choices are and being far more informed than the nurse, she had no problem with it and just smiled at having been called at all.  I have never fed my children any dairy and I can assure you, they have strong bones and bare no semblance to slithering octopi.

If, however, I were to feed my kids plenty of dairy foods, take them to McDonald's, let them eat whatever candy, soft drinks or junk food that so liberally is given to children these days, no one would ask me about the absence of nutrients in their diet...unbelievable!  I read this article and really thought you should too.  I met Dr. John McDougall, MD during a Q & A session in California at Danny Vierra's Health and Healing Crusade.  I consider him to be a pioneering physician who dared to do his own research and educate himself in regards to the consequences our dietary choices.  Please take the time to read this very important article.

Arian Foster is a running back for the Houston Texans.  With adult diseases becoming prevalent among children, he has determined to be a good role model to those who look up to him.  He consequently has decided to become a vegan.  Take a look at this clip where he relates his reasoning in regards to his diet and lifestyle.


Enjoy the journey!