Sunday, January 20, 2013

Some Great Posts To Read


I subscribe to several blogs and alternative health sites.  I want to stay informed of the latest and greatest.  I set my Internet start page to Natural News and I move on from there to check my email.  It's a ton of information to sift through, but well worth the time it takes.  I don't read everything down to the last letter.  I give a quick glance over articles covering topics I already know about and understand and take more time for other articles with information that is new to me.  There are times I think, I wish I would have had that article to share when I did a post on so and so.  Well, this is a post dedicated to some really good posts that I have found to be very informative.

I recently did a post titled, "Chemicals in Body Care Products".  This was a very fun post for me. As far as I knew, I had some really clean products to share. Don't get me wrong - they are good, but then I saw another post where the author mentioned that she would never use any products on her skin that she couldn't eat.  Awesome! My kind of talk! One of her tips was to go without makeup.  Agh!  I think many ladies (and men) might cringe at that one.   I know I can be lazy about wearing makeup and wear it only once or twice a week. Turns out it isn't a bad thing - aside from scaring people with my bare, naked face - yikes!  I think her list should be printed out and used as go-to resource list.  Check it out here!

Sliced Aloe Leaf


Another recent post I wrote was How to Slow the Aging of Your Skin and Possibly Reverse It.  This was also a favorite of mine.  Most people think that it is not possible to do this.  When the torrent of public opinion flows decidedly in a certain direction, you'd better believe I'll be swimming upstream against it - that's just how I operate.  Go against the flow and slow the aging of your skin!  I saw this article on aloe vera and it just goes so well with that post that I had to share it with you.  My brother-in-law is a foodservice engineer.  He once spilled melted sugar on his face.  His father kept a slab of aloe on his skin at all times as he was healing.  He only removed the aloe leaf to change it for a fresh leaf.  His face should have been scarred for life but there is not a trace of scarring on his skin.  I'm trying to keep an aloe leaf  around at all times (I really should just buy a plant!).  I have been putting some in my green smoothies and smearing the goo on my skin.  I love, love, love the products that nature provides!

I liked this post I read recently on the foods you should include as you try to lose belly fat. My tips would include drastically minimizing sugar intake, eliminating or greatly reducing gluten from your diet, eating an alkaline diet rich with fruits and vegetables (75-80% raw).  I eat fruit low on the glycemic index from Monday to Friday.  (I'll indulge on sweeter fruit on the weekends.) Crunches do nothing to minimize belly fat.  Cardio workouts are the key to burning fat and obtaining a flatter abdomen.  I have never decreased raw, plant based fats such as avocados, olives and nuts from my diet - I just love them too much.  No, raw fats don't cause a problem for me.  I have noticed an increase in my fat burning potential when drinking green tea or juiced grapefruit.

If you have followed my blog for a while, you may know that I do not think the conventional approaches to cancer are effective and, in fact, cause cancer - tragically and horrifically ironic.  Here is another documentary you should see in regard to this topic.  Cut Poison Burn is a hard hitting documentary that exposes the cancer industry for what it is, a money making scam.  Please be warned, some of the images are disturbing.  Chris Wark has a very good post that I received recently in my email in regard to this topic.  In this post he discusses how radiation can make cancer cells more aggressive.  Check it out in the previous link.  If you are interested in reading further, read through my cancer file.  In these posts I share documentaries, alternative clinics and an alternative method for healing.

Last but not least is a topic I have not touched upon.  It is the topic of water flouridation.  I remember a time when I would blindly trust the powers that be.  I thought, surely the government and corporations such as big pharma, biotech industries, etc. have our best interest in mind when they go about their business doing what they do.  I have learned that we cannot take a back seat when it comes to our health.  We must be on the defensive and actively engaged in our health and well being.  This blog has helped me enormously to keep my focus.  I urge you, please take the time to check out this article and documentary (with excerts from: An Inconvenient Tooth). Watch the documentary embedded in this post.  It it an hour and 13 minutes long and worth every minute!  View the full documentary here.

There are so many good articles, I just don't have the time to share them all.  My husband thinks I shouldn't add so many topics in a single post. Forgive me, I can't help it sometimes!  Gotta pass on the info!

Enjoy the Journey!