Friday, November 29, 2013

Cultivating An Attitude Of Gratitude

My Thanksgiving with some wonderful friends
There is so much to be sad about these days, just turn on the news.  (My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims in the Phillipines and Illinois.)  The fortunate thing is that most of us are not living through tragedy all the time.  Most of us can be grateful for the good that does come our way.  Instead of lamenting what is lacking in our lives, learning to be thankful for what we have been blessed with can go so far in regards to our health.  It really can make or break the process of healing.  I have heard several interviews of naturopaths in the field of healing cancer naturally and one of the crucial ingredients of success is having a positive mental attitude.  Gratitude, therefore is an attribute we should strive to cultivate. 

Here are some articles that I have come across that state this very important truth.  The Huffington Post also has this article worth reading.

Just as a side note.  More than 50% of the world's population lives on  less than a dollar a day.  Here in the United States we do not live hand to mouth.  Even in a down economy I do see abundance on a regular basis.  I believe in taking every moment to savor the blessings.  I love to feel sunlight on my face when I walk my dog.  I love to be with my family and friends and enjoying something as simple as laughter.  Another idea we should always remember is that life is never a snapshot.  Things do change and we never know when we finally have our dreams realized.  Until then, we can always count our blessings!

I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful Thanksgiving!