Friday, April 19, 2013

A Moment of Silence


I got a call from my dad this morning with news of the events that are taking place in Boston right now.  He told me that the suspects attended my high school, historical Boston Latin School.  I since have found out that they attended Cambridge Latin.  Regardless, during my six years at Latin (grades 7 to 12) which is situated in the medical district, after school let out, I would frequently hop on the green line to Copley Square to get my homework done at the Public Library.  It's a beautiful area with fantastic historical architecture, gorgeous iconic landmarks and tons to see and do.  I am very fond of my hometown and have fun memories of this location.  Sadly, this is the same location of the marathon bombings.  My heart weighs heavy over this senseless tragedy and I know that this location will forever carry a different meaning for me.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families for both the marathon bombings and explosions that occurred in West Texas.