Thursday, April 11, 2013

Need a Beauty Makeover? Head To Your Produce Aisle!



One Update
If you live in the Washington D. C. region, you may be interested in attending an event hosted by GMO free D.C. "An Evening with Jeffrey Smith."  It will take place on April 16 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.  More information about the event is posted on their Facebook page.


Need a Beauty Makeover?  Head to your Produce Aisle
 I'm sure you have seen medications for acne and other skin disorders.  I don't want to name names but you probably have seen them.  Sometimes acne is an attempt by the human body to rid itself of toxicity.  So what do many people do?  They medicate themselves for clear skin, forcing the body to hold onto toxins it clearly does not want.  A better approach is to detoxify the body by eating cleansing foods and avoiding putting toxic substances on the body like conventional body lotions, perfumes and especially acne medications.  Flood the body with live, raw enzymes and antioxidants, eliminate acne inducing foods like dairy, fried and processed foods and the effects can be absolutely amazing!  Natural Society has a list of natural remedies you can look into if you are dealing with acne. If you have followed this blog for a while, you may remember this link which I shared with you in the past.  Check out these before and after pictures of people who have chosen a 100% raw food diet.  I envy people who can do this.  I ate 90 to 95% raw for two years.  I have since changed and now eat 75 to 80% raw.  Initially I felt like a failure when I backed off of nearly 100% raw food, but I have since changed my perspective.  My diet is still very detoxifying and satisfying to me.  I felt like I wasn't quite right on so much raw.  My energy levels increased when I added back in some cooked food.

I want to share another amazing trans-formation of someone who enjoys a detoxifying, plant based diet. I follow celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder.  She recently shared her before and after photos and I was floored.  She is a stunning beauty, but before she improved her diet she struggled with weight and acne.  Take a look at her photos and you'll be amazed as well.  Take the time to read her post.  Kimberly is vegan and eats a lot of raw, detoxifying foods, but she isn't 100% raw.  For those of you who might be beating yourselves up trying to go 100% raw, you don't have to!  Kimberly also has a fantastic new book Beauty Detox Foods that is already a New York Times bestseller!


Enjoy the Journey!