Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pink Himalayan Salt


I have heard again and again how bad table salt is.  Since I had  already given up so many things in my diet, this is the one thing I dug my heels into the ground on for a while.  Eventually, I upgraded to sea salt and celtic sea salt. Recently, I started using pink Himalayan salt which I am totally jazzed about.  Here are some of the benefits of this salt:

It helps to regulate the water content in the body and doesn't dehydrate the body like table salt does.

It helps to promote alkalinity in the human body.

It helps to promote blood sugar health.

It helps to reduce signs of aging.

It aids in the absorption of nutrients.

It prevents muscle cramps.

It promotes bone strength.

It enhances sleep.

It supports libido.

It promotes vascular health.

I'm just scratching the surface with this incredible product of nature.  Pink Himalayan salt is also rich in minerals that  are essential to the human body, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, iron, etc.  Pretty awesome, don't you think?  I picked some up at Trader Joe's; I just love that grocery store.  If you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, you can find pink Himalayan salt on Amazon.

Enjoy the Journey!