Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Decorating Projects


I wanted to share some of my decorating projects for this season and take a break from topics on health.  My favorite holidays are Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Being the visual person that I am, I revel in decorating for the holidays.

My kids have a hard time understanding why our house is always the last to be decorated in our neighborhood.  I get so busy this time of year that I just can't get to everything all at once.  Over the years they have learned to adjust.  


My daughter made these for me


This arrangement didn't cost a dime.  I made it from wild harvested Ilex branches, Holly and Christmas tree throw away cuttings.  
I love making arrangements from nature's bounty.


This is the wreath on my front door.

I wouldn't have posted this photo except that the birds love to come and peck at the pine cones in this wreath.  Being the bird lover that I am, I welcome them tearing at it as much as they want.




My daughter took this shot.  She says that she wants to be a photographer.  Just what I need!  Another zany right-brained person in this household! 


My daughter designed this table.  I helped some.
Not bad for a nine-year-old.


Our Christmas Tree



I didn't have a centerpiece for my table, so I clipped some of the lower limbs off my tree and pulled some candles out of storage.  Done!


Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season, merry Christmas and blessed new year!