Thursday, February 21, 2013

Becoming Acquainted with Alternative Cancer Therapies


I first became interested in reversing cancer naturally nearly twelve years ago when my mother's best friend was dying of cancer.  I scoured every piece of literature in a mad frenzy to learn what I could.  I knew there had to be a way and I wish I had this information to help my mother's friend.  It was too late for her.  I,  however, was so intrigued by what I was learning that I kept on reading.  I first became acquainted with Dr. Richard Schulze in this search.  I learned about Harry Hoxsey and Rene Caisse.  I learned about Dr. Lorraine Day, MD, who reversed her breast cancer.  I then heard Charlotte Gerson speak at Danny Vierra's Health and Healing Crusade.  Ann Wigmore is also an admirable pioneer in this arena.  Concurrently, I also learned that the A.M.A. and the F.D.A. have a sordid history of suppressing such therapies.  Imagine how many lives could have been spared such pain and loss if alternative therapies been allowed to flourish.  It's so heartbreaking!  For those new to this blog, if you want to know why these therapies are not on the evening news, then please read through my cancer file.  Scroll down to the end and work backward (oldest to most recent).

One of my more recent sources of information is Chris Wark's blog.  If you know anyone fighting cancer, please refer them to his blog.  I felt like I hit the jackpot when I heard about it through Wade Lightheart's newsletter (raw foodist Canadian bodybuilder).  I love the work he is doing to raise awareness about reversing cancer without chemotherapy or radiation. Chris Wark's latest blog post is just as good as the last one.  He interviews Carl Helvie who is the author of You Can Beat Lung Cancer

Events

In Chris Wark's interview with Carl Helvie he mentions a site and event that you should know about called annieappleseedproject.org.  The event is titled Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Cancer Therapies Conference 2013.  It takes place in West Palm Beach, Florida, Thursday, February 28 to March 2.  If you can't travel to the event, you can livestream it for a fee. 

If you happen to be in Sacramento , California, March 1-3, you can attend a Natural Remedies and Raw Foods Workshop free of charge with Danny and Charmaine Vierra.  Danny is incredibly well versed in the art of healing naturally.  I truly admire the work he is doing in this regard. At his health and healing crusades he has had such notable guests such as Dr Schulze, Charlotte Gerson, Dr. John McDougall and Dr. Robert O. Young. 

I will be attending Dr. Michael Greger's lecture "The Role of Diet in Preventing, Treating and Reversing the Fifteen Leading Causes of Death" at Great Sage restaurant in Clarksville, Maryland, on Monday, February 25, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm. Hope to see you there!


Enjoy the Journey!