Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Monsanto, Needless Medical Procedures and the Sad Search for Integrity



When I was about 18 or 19 years old I picked up a copy of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables.  It was the unabridged version, all 1400 pages of masterful classic literature.  By the time I was done with this book, my emotions were reeling with the endless themes I came across.  So many of them!  Musicals can be an acquired taste for some, but I was no less impressed by Claude Michel Schonberg's exquisitely crafted musical rendition of this timeless tale.  He managed to encapsulate the story in three hours of memorable music that I found positively haunting.    I suppose the aspect I appreciate most in this story, and one of the character traits that I hold in the highest regard, is integrity.  Would this story have been as good if integrity were absent?  Without integrity society is left with nothing but heartless cut-throats clawing their way to the top.  It separates one who espouses it and sets him or her apart in such a marked way.  Maybe it stands out so much to me because when there is an absence of it, such dark ugliness can be the end result.

When I come across corporations like Monsanto I am just completely aghast at how evil they are.  Monsanto in particular parades around behind the guise of selfless humanitarianism. Rhetorically it sounds pretty good.  They supposedly exist to help eradicate hunger.  In actuality the truth about this corporation is far from that.  They have left devastation, human suffering and the failing health of millions in their wake.  What is frightening is how it seems that their end game is to control the world's food supply.  If you want to catch a glimpse of what Monsanto is about, I encourage you to watch this clip.  It is only about 10 minutes long. This clip pretty much sums it up. Another documentary that is very informative can be viewed hereMonsanto has recently filled for immunity against litigation and has placed itself above the law.  Their representatives even wrote the legistlation!  Originally when I began this post, I was requesting that you send a message to Obama to veto this measure.  Unfortunately, I have since received an email that stated that Obama has already signed it into law.  Here is another article by Newsmax in regards to this story.  According to this article, it didn't even hit the congressional floor for discussion. Is this really the United States of America?  I thought this kind of thing only happened in dictatorial third world countries.

There is yet another facet to this problem that I find disturbing.  Apparently, we have recently lost the strongest voice of support for organic farming at the USDA.    It doesn't take a genius to be able to see problems down the pike. I personally plan to collect heirloom seeds for fruits, vegetables and medicinal herbs.  I don't ever want to come to the point where I cannot find the kinds of food I want to eat.  I like to see the glass half full, but there's nothing wrong with planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

I am suspicious of pharmaceuticals and conventional medicine.  There are times, such as with emergencies, that they are very necessary. But more often than not, people would do far better in seeking the root cause of their illness and searching for alternative methods for healing.  Above is a graphic for a documentary that you should watch titled Escape Fire.  Please watch the trailer.  Very interesting.

Lastly, there is a book that was recently published by Dr. Makary who is a surgeon at Johns Hopkins.  He candidly and openly discusses the fact that alarming medical mistakes occur in our hospitals. The name of the book is "Unaccountable".  Please take the time to watch his interview with Dr. Mercola here.

Sadly integrity has fast become a scarce commodity.  It is my opinion that everyday people like you and me are ultimately responsible for our own health. I appreciate guidance from those who are trained, but I don't like handing over my trust to someone else in helpless resignation expecting miracles - especially if they practice conventional medicine. When it comes to my health, the buck stops with me.  A trustworthy professional can help me find the root cause of my problem, but only I can make the necessary changes to my diet or lifestyle and put advice into action.  My challenge to you is to read, study and investigate.  Seek help, but know that you are the only one who ultimately can achieve the health you are looking for.

If you are currently looking for an alternative method for healing, here are some suggestions as to where you can begin your search.  Read Dr. Richard Schulze's books. Physician's Committee For Responsible Medicine has a list of practitioners they recommend.  The first site is holisticmedicine.org and the second is Dr. McDougall's list of physicians.  I also trust Michelle Ross, C.N.

Have a good day!