Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

This is my mom at sweet sixteen.  A few years ago I found out that people would call her Brigitte Bardot.  I had to find that out from my aunt after I became an adult.  My mom is far too modest to ever share anything like that with me.  

I think back on my childhood and remember how much she did for my sisters and me.  She was a work horse!  She always strove to feed us the most healthful meals she could provide according to her understanding. She kept the house spotlessly clean and in order.   I remember all the cakes she baked and decorated.  So much sacrifice putting the needs of her family first before her own.  She is a wonderful human being and my most supportive fan.  I am so blessed to be able to call her my mom.  

To all the wonderful self-sacrificing moms out there, have a wonderful Mothers' Day!