Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

Mad King Ludwig -purchased at Kathe Wohlfart





My absolute favorite acquisition from my travels this past fall was a hand carved nutcracker I purchased in Rothenburg, Germany. Rothenburg is an ancient walled city like no other I have ever been in. I mean really, where's Cinderella?
Rothenburg, Germany


I love the nutcracker so much I think I'm going to get a second one exactly like it to have the pair.  It looks so perfect on my console. 
Funny how certain things and smells  can trigger emotions, memories and warm fuzzies.  The nutcracker in and of itself really isn't anything most people would fawn over, but for me it just makes me think of everything cozy about this very special holiday.  I love the crackling fire in the fireplace, the busyness in the kitchen, decorating and above all the time spent with friends and family.  My hope and prayer is that you will also have a wonderful Christmas.  May you enjoy everything that makes this holiday so special!

Have a wonderful Holiday!