Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fighting Cancer With Food, Pink Ribbons Inc. and a New World Record by Vegan Athlete Patrick Baboumian

Vegan Athlete Patrick Baboumian


Update

I have been very emphatic in this blog on how we have more control over cancer than we think.  We can change how hospitable our bodies are to cancer by the food we eat, the chemicals we expose ourselves to and the positive or negative thoughts we have. I wanted to bring a very interesting lecture to your attention.  Roots Market in Olney, MD will be hosting a program titled,"Fighting Cancer with Food".  It will take place on Monday October 21st.  You can find more detailed information here.

There is also a documentary titled,"Pink Ribbons, Inc." which is an expose on this seemingly humanitarian fund raising event.  You can view it here on Chris Wark's latest blog post.

Power Vegan Athlete Patrick Baboumian

I can't tell you how many times I encounter crazy biases against a plant based diet.  I remember one woman who heard about the way I eat and she said in response, is her hair falling out?  People with zero knowledge about nutrition are usually the most outspoken.  The idea that there is no possible way to be healthy without eating meat is so pervasive that it sometimes drives me a little crazy.  Truth, studies and science be told, the healthiest most longest lived people in the world thrive on a plant based diet.  And no, vegans are not a bunch of weak waifs!

I absolutely loved an email I received about vegan athlete, Patrick Baboumian.  He recently carried the most weight ever and broke the world record for most weight carried for 10 meters.  You can read the article here.

October Hiatus

I will have very limited internet access for the month of October.  I hope to post but I can't make any promises.  I'm not falling off the face of the Earth and I'll tell you all about it when I get the chance!  Happy October!

Have a great Day!